ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Four Bond Folders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Four Bond Folders Reply with quote Back to top

One of the beta features that were stripped from the final release was that each folder on the main menu had a different Bond actor. Well the images were never deleted (England has a tax on the replacement of Delete keys) but the code to select them was.

These patches replace the feature and (fingers crossed) shouldn't break anything else ;*) Just use the corresponding patch for your version game. Get it here!
http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/general/BondMenu.zip

If you can't decide on a patching utility to use, why not use the Goldeneye Setup Editor's built in IPS applicator? Get it at rarewitchproject.com

-Zoinkity

Code:
  Sorry this is only available in patch form.  The code list was about 140 lines before it was obvious half of the stuff needed to be moved to a different address to avoid breaking certain stages.  (stupid compressed binaries)

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds very cool, I was wondering if anyone had tried hacking the extra portraits back into that screen. The patch isn't working for me though, I patched my US ROM with the NTSC-E patch using the setup editor to fix the checksum, the game starts but crashes after the Goldeneye logo.

Edit: Nevermind, I must've clicked the wrong ROM to patch, tried it again and it worked fine. It's awesome, I wish they could've left them like that, so much better than four identical folders. You put the Portraits in the wrong order though:

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's far more interesting than what we've ended up with in the final version. I was surprised to see that even the main menu photographs had been modified according to the folder selected. This is very cool. If the pictures are in the wrong order, it should only be a matter of switching the textures ID's around, shouldn't it? Excellent work with this one.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, sorry. I was going by memory instead of a photo. I'll get to fixing that as soon as possible.

[edit] Hah! They're in the order I had them in when I messed up the ordering the first time around! In other words, numerical order...

Jac6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do people only use roms now I mean what happened to N64..

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are a lot more things we can do with a ROM than with a cartridge. Since we can edit the actual game and play it on an emulator, it's far more open to changes. A console with a GameShark only allows for so much, where as a PC is nearly limitless in comparison. Some of us still make codes / stages for use on a Nintendo64, but we're severely limited in what we can do. Backup devices, such as the Dr.64, work exactly like a real console, yet allows modified ROMs to be played. Basically, it is even better than the original hardware, since we're able to play customized versions of our favourite video games.

Jac6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see, but I don't really get it does the all bonds code really exist for N64?
I'll be getting a rom soon.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No all bonds code. The suits aren't in the game properly. The pics were though.

There was a cool code on ARHQ, it was long, but it would add a cheat to the cheat menu which, when turned on, would ad 4 characters at the end of the multi characters.

They had developers heads, and different bond suits. (Jungle, Archives, and Bunker)

It was PAL though.

Oh, and connery's pic was brosnans.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, most of my stuff is done for console, and I'm working on a full stage upload trick. It isn't going fantastic, but that's another story. Heck, most of the hate mail I get is from people who try to use my codes on emulators and they fail because emulators are stupid and don't work the way console does. Emus (non-Nemu at least) have to reboot before assembly hacks will work unless you set some rather specific settings in the core.

The big thing is that this particular one would be annoying to do on console. The first half of it is easy enough, but to actually swap the image IDs loaded would require:
-jumping out of the decompression routine
-magically determining if the binary is the correct one
-editting the ID values
-returning to the function
-not breaking anything else

I've got most of it working, but the trouble is that everything uses the decompression routine, and the test for the correct binary SUCKS. I mean, really sucks. Sometimes it mistakes some with others, and so then it screws them up, and that locks the game.
The worst thing though is that it is long. Really long. It was at the 140 code mark last time I worked on it, and seriously, *this isn't that cool*. Why somebody would type in 150+ codes just to plaster a couple heads on the folders...

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should post it. It will give me something to do, until I get a fully working GS with LED. I plan on getting a 3.2, but this will give me something to do until then.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
radorn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

man, don't revive a 2 year old thread just to say "cool"... Confused

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, since it is revived, just a neat word on how the original head selector worked.

First, there was a menu, now completely removed, that allowed you to select the head. That's coming from Rare mind you.

The selected head to this day sets a particular set of bitflags in your save file. These are read to determine which actor was selected and used as an offset for several very neat features.

1. This reads which head appears on the folder, as per this patch
  2. This sets the body and head that will be used with the 'variable Bond' hand in the bonus stages
  3. This also selected which hand is used when the 'variable Bond' hand is used

Naturally, each of these features now forces Brosnan's face and whatnots in place of the original whatevers. However, almost all the code is, or should I say has, been salvaged.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds really cool. I wonder why they removed this. Although, I think it wouldn't quite fit right in the game as I think about it more. Anyone know if it was technical or stylistic reasons why it was removed?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Probably a legal reason.
Since Rare had to remove the former Bond actors from the game, the feature was no longer necessary. From that point on, you could only be Brosnan. The menu would need to be removed and all relating features disabled.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: